Preparation and characterization of cadmium titanate nanoparticles via novel sol–gel method and its photocatalyst application
- 93 Downloads
Pure cadmium titanate (CdTiO3) nanoparticles were successfully synthesized by novel sol–gel method with the aid of cadmium nitrate, tetra-n-butyl titanate, and leucine without adding external surfactant. Moreover, leucine plays role as capping agent, reducing agent, and natural template in the synthesis CdTiO3 nanoparticles. The structural, morphological and optical properties of as obtained products were characterized by techniques such X-ray diffraction, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis, scanning electron microscopy, and ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy. The magnetic properties of as-prepared CdTiO3 nanoparticles were also investigated with vibrating sample magnetometer. Furthermore, the photocatalytic properties of as-synthesized CdTiO3 were evaluated by degradation of methyl orange as water contaminant.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Methyl Orange Energy Dispersive Spectrometry Methyl Orange Solution Cadmium Acetate
Authors are grateful to council of University of South Tehran for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 2.F.S. Ghoreishi, V. Ahmadi, M. Samadpourc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 453 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Rahdar, M. Aliahmad, Y. Azizi, J. NanoStruct. 5, 145 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.P. Bakhshaei, A. Ataie, H. Abdizadeh, J. NanoStruct. 3, 403 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.R.R. Shahraki, M. Ebrahimi, J. NanoStruct. 2, 413 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.M.S. Nahad, G.M. Ziarani, A. Badiei, A. Bananc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 395 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.T.R. Shrout, A. Halliyal, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 66, 704 (1987)Google Scholar
- 20.M. Rahimi-Nasarabadi, J. NanoStruct. 4, 211 (2014)Google Scholar
- 21.M. Najafi, H. Haratizadeh, M. Ghezellou, J. NanoStruct. 5, 129 (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Ahmadzadeh, M. Almasi-Kashia, A. Ramazani, J. NanoStruct. 5, 97 (2015)Google Scholar