Investigation of the structural, optical and magnetic properties of nickel ferrite nanoparticles synthesized through modified sol–gel method
- 170 Downloads
Nickel ferrite nanoparticles were successfully synthesized by through modify sol–gel method with the aid of nickel (II) nitrate, iron (III) nitrate, and lactose without adding external surfactant. Moreover, lactose plays role as capping agent, reducing agent, and natural template in the synthesis of NiFe2O4 nanoparticles. The as-synthesized NiFe2O4 nanoparticles were characterized by means of several techniques such as X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis and UV–Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. The magnetic properties of as-prepared NiFe2O4 nanoparticles were also investigated with vibrating sample magnetometer. To evaluate the photocatalyst properties of nanocrystalline NiFe2O4, the photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange under ultraviolet light irradiation was carried out.
KeywordsPhotocatalytic Activity Photocatalytic Degradation Methyl Orange NiFe2O4 Energy Dispersive Spectrometry Analysis
Authors are grateful to council of University of South Tehran for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 2.P. Bakhshaei, A. Ataie, H. Abdizadeh, J. NanoStruct. 3, 403 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Rahimi-Nasarabadi, J. NanoStruct. 4, 211 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Najafi, H. Haratizadeh, M. Ghezellou, J. NanoStruct. 5, 129 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Ahmadzadeh, M. Almasi-Kashia, A. Ramazani, J. NanoStruct. 5, 97 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.F.S. Ghoreishi, V. Ahmadi, M. Samadpourc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 453 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.A. Rahdar, M. Aliahmad, Y. Azizi, J. NanoStruct. 5, 145 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.G. Schmid, Nanoparticles: from Theory to Application (Wiley, New York, 2004)Google Scholar
- 26.R. Raeisi Shahraki, M. Ebrahimi, J. NanoStruct. 2, 413 (2013)Google Scholar
- 27.M. Shakib Nahad, G. Mohammadi Ziarani, A. Badiei, A. Bananc, J. NanoStruct. 3, 395 (2013)Google Scholar