Improvement of the magnetic properties of Li–Zn ferrite by Bi3+ substitution
- 89 Downloads
The effect of Bi-substitution on the physical and magnetic properties of Li0.3Zn0.4BixFe2.3−xO4 ferrites (x = 0.0, 0.02, 0.05 and 0.075), prepared by the standard ceramic method, has been studied. It is found that the saturation magnetization and the initial permeability increase up to x = 0.05 and then decrease. On the other hand, the Curie temperature decreases with increasing x. In addition, the dc electrical resistivity increases with increasing Bi-content (x) which was discussed and explained.
KeywordsFerrite Electrical Resistivity Curie Temperature Bi2O3 Cation Distribution
The authors express their deep thanks to Prof. Dr. A.A. Sattar, physics department, faculty of science, Ain Shams University.
- 8.E.W. Gorter, Philips Res. Rep. 9, 295–320 (1954)Google Scholar
- 9.S.A. Poltinnikov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 8, 1144–1149 (1966)Google Scholar
- 10.B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray Diffraction (Addison-Wesley, Boston, 1959), p. 330Google Scholar
- 15.A. Globus, H. Pascard, V.J. Cagan, J. Phys. 38(C1), 163–168 (1977)Google Scholar
- 16.A.M. Sankpal, S.V. Kakatkar, N.D. Chaudhari, R.S. Patil, S.S. Suryavanshi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 9(2), 173–179 (1998)Google Scholar