Effect of sulfur on dielectric properties of Cd–Se Glassy system
- 85 Downloads
Cd4Se96−xSx with x = 0, 4, 8, 12 amorphous semiconductor has been prepared by melt-quenching technique. Bulk samples in the form of powder were characterized by XRD which shows the amorphous nature of the prepared samples. The dielectric parameters were studied in the temperature range of 300–350 K and in the frequency range of 20 Hz–1 MHz. Dielectric dispersion are observed in the Cd–Se–S system, these results are explained on the basis of dipolar type of dielectric dispersion. It is also observed that DC conductivity increases and activation energy decrease with increase of sulfur concentration, which is mainly due to increase in the density of localized state in the mobility gap or decrease in the band gap.
KeywordsDielectric Constant Dielectric Loss Sulfur Concentration Defect State Dielectric Parameter
I am highly thankful to the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi (India) for providing me financial support in the form of Basic Scientific research (BSR) scholarship.
- 21.N. Choudhary, A. Kumar, Ind. J. Eng. Mater. Sci. 11, 55 (2004)Google Scholar
- 22.K.K. Srivasatava, A. Kumar, O.S. Panwar, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 33, 4205 (1979)Google Scholar
- 23.B. Tareev, Physics of Dielectric Materials (Mir Publishers, Moscow, 1975), p. 67Google Scholar
- 28.P. Debye, The Chemical Cataloge Company (Polar Molecule, New York, 1929). (chapter 5) Google Scholar
- 29.N.F. Mott, E.A. Davis, Electronic Process in Non-crystalline Materials (Clarendon, Oxford, 1979), p. 428Google Scholar
- 33.T.M. Stevels, Handbuch der Physik, in The Electrical Properties of Glasses, ed. by Flugged (Springer, Berlin, 1957)Google Scholar