Preparation and characterization of TiInVO6-nanomaterial using precipitation method and its multi applications
- 73 Downloads
In the present investigation we have reported the undoped TiO2 and doped TiInVO6 nanomaterials by simple precipitation method and sonication technique. The undoped TiO2 and doped TiInVO6 nanomaterials were characterized by HR-SEM with EDX, HR-TEM, XRD, FT-IR, FT-RAMAN, PL and UV–Vis DRS analysis. The photocatalytic activity of TiInVO6 nanomaterial was studied through the photodegradation of methylene blue (MB) under UV-light irradiation at 365 nm. The photodegradation of MB under various parameters have been studied. The photodegradation of MB was found to be follow pseudo-first-order kinetics. The quantum yield and formation of hydroxyl radical were confirmed and analysed by fluorescence technique. The electrochemical study of the prepared nonmaterial was discussed in detail. The antimicrobial activity of the prepared nanomaterials has also been investigated. The prepared TiInVO6 nanomaterial was found to be stable and reusable. It would be useful for multi applications.
KeywordsTiO2 Chemical Oxygen Demand Methylene Blue Photocatalytic Activity Methylene Blue
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no competing financial interest.
- 12.J. Kamalakkannan, V.L. Chandraboss, S. Prabha, B. Karthikeyan, S. Senthilvelan, Can. Chem. Trans. 3, 327–339 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.K.M. Joshi, V.S. Shrivastava, Int. J. Nanodimens. 2, 241–252 (2012)Google Scholar
- 23.M. Gotić, S. Musić, M. Ivanda, M. Šoufek, S. Popović, J. Mol. Struct. 744, 535–540 (2005)Google Scholar
- 30.M.S. Mashkour, A.F. Al-Kaim, L.M. Ahmed, F.H. Hussein, Int. J. Chem. Sci. 9, 969–979 (2011)Google Scholar
- 40.N. Daneshvar, S. Aber, M.S. Seyed Dorraji, A.R. Khataee, M.H. Rasoulifard, Int. J. Chem. Nucl. Metall. Mater. Eng. 1, 66–70 (2007)Google Scholar
- 46.D. Brindha et al., Adv. Appl. Sci. Res. 6, 45–48 (2015)Google Scholar