Preparation and characterization of BaSnO3 nanostructures via a new simple surfactant-free route
- 281 Downloads
Pure barium stannate (BaSnO3) nanostructures were prepared via a new facile surfactant-free coprecipitation-calcination route by employing Ba(Sal)2 (Sal = salicylidene) and SnCl2·2H2O as precursors. Ba(Sal)2 was employed as precursor to synthesize BaSnO3 nanostructures for the first time. The as-obtained BaSnO3 nanostructures were analyzed by UV–vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis, transmission electron microscopy, and X-ray diffraction. Based on the morphological investigations of the as-prepared samples, it was found that the particle size and shape of the BaSnO3 depended on the reaction temperature, precipitator and surfactant. BaSnO3 nanostructures with various shapes and particle sizes were successfully prepared. Furthermore, the photocatalytic properties of as-synthesized BaSnO3 were evaluated by degradation of eriochrome black T (anionic dye) as water contaminant.
KeywordsSnCl2 Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope Image Tepa Salicylidene Energy Dispersive Spectrometry Spectrum
The authors are grateful to University of Kashan for supporting this work by Grant No. 159271/20.
- 4.F. Beshkar, S. Zinatloo-Ajabshir, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 5043 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.V. Vorgelegt, L. Wensheng, Synthesis of nanosized BaSnO3 powders. Doctoral thesis in Engineering of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, University of Saarlandes, Saarbrücken—Germany, 2002, pp. 1–2Google Scholar
- 30.D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, S. Karimzadeh, S. Gholamrezaei, J. NanoStruct. 4, 227 (2014)Google Scholar
- 31.G. Nabiyouni, S. Sharifi, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. NanoStruct. 4, 317 (2014)Google Scholar
- 32.M. Panahi-Kalamuei, M. Mousavi-Kamazani, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. NanoStruct. 4, 459 (2014)Google Scholar
- 34.M. Goudarzi, D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, J. NanoStruct. 5, 110 (2015)Google Scholar