Electric-field induced nonlinear optical materials based on a bipolar copper (I) complex embedded in polymer matrices
- 222 Downloads
Second order nonlinear optical properties of Cu(dppb)(pz2Bph2), where dppb = 1,2-bis(diphenylphosphino)benzene and pz2Bph2 = diphenyl-bis(pyrazol-1-yl)borate were investigated. In particular, optical second harmonic was generated with different polymer films containing dc-electric field aligned chromophore molecules. It was shown that in such dc-electric field aligned polymer films, the enhancement of the second order output efficiency may be up to 3 times higher with as compared to the non-aligned poly(methylmethacrylate) (PMMA). After switching off the external dc-electric field the second order susceptibility decreases within 5–7 min by about 40 % with respect to the photoinduced ones. After that time, the second harmonic generation efficiency remains constant for much more than a few hours.
KeywordsPMMA Polymer Matrice Diphenylphosphino Order Susceptibility Chromophore Molecule
The project was financially supported by King Saud University, Vice Deanship of research chairs. R. Czerwieniec and H. Yersin gratefully acknowledge the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for funding.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
No conflict of interest.
- 3.C. Coluccini, G. Terraneo, D. Pasini. J. Chem. vol. 2015, Article ID 827592 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.I.V. Kityk, M. Makowska-Janusik, E. Gondek, L. Krzeminska, A. Danel, K.J. Plucinski, S. Benet, B. Sahraoui, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter. 16(3), 231–239 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.H. Yersin, U. Monkowius, R. Czerwieniec, J. Yu, Patents WO002010031485A1, DE102008336A1, 2008Google Scholar
- 16.R.I. Mervinskii, I.V. Kityk, M. Makowska-Janusik, J. Straube, M. Matusiewicz & J. Kasperczyk. Opt. Mater. 6(3), 239–244 (1996)Google Scholar
- 20.I. Fuks-Janczarek, I.V. Kityk, R. Miedzinski, E. Gondek, J. Ebothe, I. Nzoghe-Mendome, A. Danel, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 18, 519–526 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.I. Fuks-Janczarek, R. Miedzinski, E. Gondek, P. Szlachcic, I.V. Kityk, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 19, 434–441 (2008)Google Scholar
- 22.W. Gruhn, Optica applicata. Opt. Appl. 42, 467–472 (2012)Google Scholar