Properties of calcium copper titanate and barium titanate filled epoxy composites for electronic applications: effect of filler loading and hybrid fillers
- 344 Downloads
Inorganic ceramics such as calcium copper titanate, CaCu3Ti4O12 (CCTO) and barium titanate (BaTiO3) were used as fillers to produce epoxy thin film composites for capacitor application. The effects of filler types and loading range on the dielectric, tensile, morphology, and thermal properties of the epoxy thin film composites were determined. Results showed that epoxy thin film composites with 20 vol% filler loading of CCTO and BaTiO3 showed good dielectric properties, thermal stability, and thermal conductivity. However, the tensile properties of the CCTO/epoxy thin film composite was reduced as the filler loading increased. On the other hand, the tensile properties of BaTiO3/epoxy thin film composite improved as the filler loading increased. Hybrid fillers CCTO and BaTiO3 filled epoxy composites were fabricated and the effect of hybrid fillers on the dielectric properties and morphology of the epoxy thin film composites were investigated. Results indicated that positive hybrid effect in dielectric constant and dielectric loss showed by the hybrid composites.
KeywordsDielectric Loss BaTiO3 Filler Loading Barium Strontium Titanate Thin Film Composite
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of the Universiti Sains Malaysia and the Ministry of Education, and Explorating Research Grant Scheme (ERGS) for granting the research fund used for this project (Project No. 6730109).
- 1.W.S. Mao, J. Endruw, K.Y. Wen, W.J. Wen, 9th Electron. Packag. Tech. Conf. (EPTC), IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.C.S. Dong, L.J. Yeon, H.J. Gul, P.K. Wook, J. Mater. Sci. Eng. B110, 233 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.L. Suibin, S. Rong, Z. Jingwei, Y. Shuhui, D. Ruxu, Z. Zhijun, Intern. Conf. Electron. Packag. Tech. High Density Pack. (ICEPT-HDP), IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 21.B.S. Prakash, K.B.R. Varma, J. Compos. Sci. Technol. 67, 2362 (2007)Google Scholar
- 29.F.C. Campbell, Introduction to composite materials, structural composite materials (ASM International, OH, 2010), p. 8Google Scholar
- 34.R. Kochetov, T. Andritsch, U. Lafont, P. H. F. Morshuis, J.J. Smit, IEEE Conf. Electr. Insul. Dielectr. Phenomena (CEIDP), 2009Google Scholar