Microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of TiO2-doped pseudo-wollastonite ceramics
The effects of TiO2 addition on the densification, microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of pseudo-wollastonite ceramics (α-CaSiO3) have been investigated. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) patterns results indicate that samples exhibit a two-phase system, which has a wollastonite-structured α-CaSiO3 primary phase associated with a CaTiSiO5 minor phase. However, the TiO2 addition undermines the microwave dielectric properties because of the poor quality factor of the secondary phase of CaTiSiO5, which can inhibit the growth of α-CaSiO3 grains by surrounding their boundaries. The α-CaSiO3 ceramics containing 2 wt% of TiO2 sintered at 1,300 °C showed excellent microwave dielectric properties: an ε r value of 7.86, a quality factor Q × f value of 16,491 GHz, and a τ f value of 0.76 ppm/ °C.
KeywordsTiO2 Sinter Temperature Microwave Dielectric Property CaSiO3 Zn2SiO4
This work was supported by the Key program of Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 50932004), International Science and Technology Cooperation Program of China (2011DFA52680), Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51102189, No.51372191) and the program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (No. NCET-11-0685).
- 1.J. Liang, W.Z. Lu, W. Lei, G.F. Fan, H.R. Ma, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 3625 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Li, W.Z. Lu, W. Lei, X.H. Wang, J.M. Wu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 2672 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.X.M. Xue, H.T. Yu, G.L. Xu, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 1287 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.L. Jiao, S.P. Wu, X.H. Ding, J. Ni, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 20, 1186 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.N. Tangboriboon, T. Khongnakhon, S. Kittikul, R. Kunanuruksapong, A. Sirivat, J. Sol-Gel, Sci. Technol. 58, 33 (2011)Google Scholar