Structural and optical properties of CdS thin films prepared by chemical bath deposition at different ammonia concentration and S/Cd molar ratios
- 473 Downloads
CdS thin films were prepared by chemical bath deposition technique using the precursors of SC(NH2)2, CdCl2, NH4Cl, NH3·H2O and deionized water. The obtained thin films were characterized by scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, energy dispersive spectrometer, UV–VIS specrophotometry and photoluminescence spectroscopy. The morphology, structural and optical properties of CdS thin films were investigated as a function of ammonia concentration and S/Cd molar ratios in precursors. The results reveal that morphology of CdS films change from flake like into spherical particle like, crystal structure from wurtzite structure to zinc blende structure, S/Cd atom ratios in CdS thin films increase and optical band gap E g decrease with increasing ammonia concentration in precursors. The room temperature photoluminescence spectrum of CdS thin films shows a strong peak at about 500 nm and a weak peak at about 675 nm.
KeywordsAmmonia Concentration Wurtzite Structure Chemical Bath Deposition Optical Transmittance Spectrum CdTe Thin Film
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Guangdong Province and the Ministry of Education Cooperation Projects (Grant No. 2011A090200003) and the Projects from the Science and Technology Department of Guangzhou City (Grant No. 12C52111614).
- 2.M.A. Contreras, B. Egaas, K. Ramanathan, J. Hiltner, A. Swartzlander, F. Hasoon, R. Noufi, Prog. Photovolt. Res. Appl. 311 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.N. Naghavi, S. Spiering, B. Canava, D. Lincot, Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl. 437 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.R.W. Birkmire, B.E. Mccandless, S.S. Hegedus, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 12, 145 (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Tomita, T. Kawai, Y. Hatanaka, J. Appl. Phys. 33, 3383 (1994)Google Scholar
- 20.K. Ravichandran, G. Muruganantham, B. Sakthivel, P. Philominathan, Surf. Eng. 26, 8 (2010)Google Scholar