Negative magnetoresistance in SiC heteropolytype junctions
- 77 Downloads
In this study, we carried out for the first time a galvanomagnetic investigation of 3C–SiC/6H–SiC heterostructures at liquid-helium temperatures and observed in n-3C–SiC low resistance of the samples and the appearance of a negative magnetoresistance in weak fields (~1 T). Analysis of the results we obtained shows that the low resistance is in all probability due to a metal—insulator transition in 3C–SiC epitaxial films. It was also found that the negative magnetoresistance magnitude decreases as the density of intertwine boundaries in a 3C–SiC epitaxial film becomes lower.
KeywordsEpitaxial Layer Twin Boundary Epitaxial Film Insulator Transition Negative Magnetoresistance
The study was supported in part by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grant no. 07-02-00919a) and a KWA grant of the Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- 2.A.A. Lebedev, A.M. Strel’chuk, N.S. Savkina, E.V. Bogdanova, A.S. Tregubova, A.N. Kuznetsov, D.V. Davydov, Mater. Sci. Forum V 433–466, 427–430, (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.M.E. Levinshtein, S.L. Rumyantsev, M.S. Shur (ed.), Properties of Advanced Semiconductor Materials: GaN, AlN, InN, BN, SiC, SiGe (John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2001)Google Scholar
- 6.H.K. Henisch, R. Roy (eds.), Silicon Carbide-1968, (Pergamon Press, 1969)Google Scholar
- 9.V.F. Gantmakher “Electrons in disoredered system” Moscow, Fizmatlit, Москва, 2003 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.J.S. Meyer, A. Atland, B.L. Altshuler, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89(20), 206601 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.A.I. Veinger, A.G. Zabrodskii, T.V. Tisnek, E.N. Mokhov, Semiconductors 782, 38 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Ya.A. Alekseev, O.V. Frank-Kamenetskii, Krystallografiya, (in Russian) 32(4), 1060 (1987)Google Scholar