The effects of the PbO content and seeding layers upon the microstructure and orientation of sol-gel derived PZT films
- 99 Downloads
This paper systematically studied the factors including Pb content of precursor, PT seeding layer and TiO2 and ZrO2 seeding layers, which influence greatly the crystal orientation of lead zirconate titanate (PZT, Zr/Ti = 52/48) thin films fabricated by a sol-gel process. We find that the PZT films deposited by precursor with 20% mole excess Pb displayed strong (111) preferred orientation, with 5% mole excess Pb showed a little (100) orientation and pyrochlore phase. PT seeding layer was found prompting the PZT films phase transformation with (110) preferred orientation. In addition, the results show that the TiO2 and ZrO2 seeding layers had totally different effects on the preferred orientation of PZT films. The films with TiO2 seeding layer were highly (111) oriented and exhibited better ferroeletric properties (remnant polarization Pr = 14.2 μC⋅ cm−2, coercive field Ec = 59.1 Kvcm−1) than those of the films with ZrO2 seeding layer shown (100) orientation (Pr = 7.4 μC⋅cm−2, Ec = 42.9 Kvcm−1).
KeywordsTiO2 Zirconate Titanate Phase Transformation Prefer Orientation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. YAMAUCHI and M. YOSHIMARU, Growth of -oriented lead zirconate titanate thin film with smooth surface to improve electrical properties. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1996) 1553.Google Scholar
- 4.Z. CHEN, B. C. YANG, C. T. YANG and S.R. ZHANG, Separated precursor-monomer for sol-gel preparation PZT ferroelectric film. J. Funct. Mater. 35(4) (2004) 417, 422.Google Scholar
- 5.T. TANI, Z. XU and D. A. PAYNE, in: E. R. Myers, B. A. Tuttle, S. B. Desu, P. K. Larsen (Eds.), Ferroelectric Thin films III, MRS 310, Pittsburgh, PA, 1993, p.~269.Google Scholar
- 6.M. E. SOUNI, M. ABED, C. H. SOLTERBECK and A. PIORRA, Crystallization kinetics and dielectric properties of solution deposited, La doped PZT thin films. Mater. Sci. Eng. B94 (2002) 229.Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. SOUNI and A. PIORRA, On the crystallization kinetics of solution deposited PZT thin films. Mater. Res. Bull. 36 (2001) 2563.Google Scholar