Influence of 3d-elements on dielectric properties of BaTiO3 ceramics
- 140 Downloads
The microstructure and dielectric properties of Yb-Mn- and Yb-Ni-substituted BaTiO3 ceramics are investigated in this paper. Both Yb-Mn- and Yb-Ni-substituted BaTiO3 ceramics satisfy the X8R specification (−55 ∘C to 150 ∘C, Δ C = ±15% or less) for automotive application when CaZrO3 is incorporated in the formulations. It is found that both Mn and Ni ions can suppress the diffusion of Yb and CaZrO3 into BaTiO3 grains, resulting in formation of core-shell structures in the grains. It is found that Mn is more favorable to stabilize the core-shell structure in BaTiO3 ceramics as compared with Ni.
KeywordsMicrostructure Electronic Material Dielectric Property BaTiO3 Automotive Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. SATO, Y. FUJIKAWA and Y. TERADA, USP 6,403,513 B1, 11 June 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.M. FUKUNAGA, G. LI, Y. UESU and K. KOHN, Jnp. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 6926.Google Scholar
- 8.M. HAFID, S. TAKEOKA, S. KISHIDA, T. FUKAMI and J. SHENG, Jnp. J. Appl. Phys. 37 (1998) 3370.Google Scholar
- 9.D. HENNINGS and G. ROSENSTEIN, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 67 (1984) 249.Google Scholar
- 11.S. WANG. S. ZHANG, X. ZHOU, B. LI and Z. CHEN, submitted to J. Mater. Sci.Google Scholar
- 14.T. R. ARMSTRONG and R. C. BUCHANAN, Jnp. J. Appl. Phys. 73 (1990) 1268.Google Scholar