The room temperature photoluminescence properties of Eu3+-doped bi-phase calcium phosphate under visible light
The Eu-doped bi-phase calcium phosphate (BCP) phosphors with (Eu + Ca)/P = 1.1, 1.3, 1.5, and 1.6 were synthesized for the first time by the precipitation method. The BCP phosphors were investigated by the X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), and Photoluminescence (PL) spectra. The XRD and FTIR results indicated that BCP consisted of β-tricalcium phosphate and hydroxyapatite phases. The PL results showed the BCP phosphors fluoresced under three visible light bands (396, 463, and 535 nm) and the strongest emission spectrum was obtained at (Eu + Ca)/P = 1.3. The PL excitated at 463 nm showed the 5D0 → 7F2 transition of Eu3+ mainly generated three emission bands due to the 7F2 energy level splitting.
KeywordsCalcium Phosphate Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Photoluminescence Property Eu2O3 Hydroxyapatite Phase
This work was supported by the Key Project of Education Office of Hubei Province (Z20091501), National Natural Science Foundation (Nos. 50874081 and 50774055) of the People’s Republic of China.
- 1.Yen WM, Weber MJ (2004) Inorganic phosphor: compositions, preparation and optical properties. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FLGoogle Scholar
- 3.Hench LL, Wlison J (1993) An introduction to bioceramics. World Scientific, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 4.de Groot K (1983) Bioceramics of calcium phosphate. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FLGoogle Scholar
- 5.Hench LL (1998) J Am Ceram Soc 81(7):1705Google Scholar
- 12.Lazoriak BI, Golubev VN, Salmon R, Parent C, Hagenmuller P (1989) Eur J Solid State Inorg Chem 26:455Google Scholar
- 13.LeGeros RZ (1991) Calcium phosphates in oral biology and medicine. Monograhs in Oral Science, vol 15. Karger, BaselGoogle Scholar
- 14.Beran A, Voll D, Schneider H (2004) In: Beran A, Libowitzky E (eds) Spectroscopic methods in mineralogy. Eotvos University Press, BudapestGoogle Scholar
- 15.Yang Chun, Yang Piaoping, Wang Wenxin, Wang Jun, Zhang Milin, Lin Jun (2008) J Colloid Interface Sci 10:1Google Scholar
- 18.Reisfeld R, Jorgensen CK (1977) Lasers excited states of rare earths. Springer press, Berlin, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar