Reaction-sintering of lead-free piezoceramic compositions: (0.95 − x)Na0.5K0.5NbO3–0.05LiTaO3–xLiSbO3
- 115 Downloads
Incorporation of LiSbO3 into the lead-free piezoceramic composition 0.95Na0.5K0.5NbO3–0.05LiTaO3 produced a change from an orthorhombic to tetragonal crystal system in samples produced by reaction-sintering. The inferred limit of solid solution along the compositional join, (0.95 − x)Na0.5K0.5NbO3–0.05LiTaO3–xLiSbO3, occurred at x ~ 0.06. Differential scanning calorimetry indicated broad peaks at temperatures associated with ferroelectric–paraelectric transitions. The transition temperatures decreased with increasing values of x, up to x = 0.06. Microstructures showed secondary grain growth; a slight decrease in grain-size with increasing LiSbO3 modification was identified.
KeywordsMorphotropic Phase Boundary LiTaO3 NaNbO3 Secondary Recrystallization Peak Intensity Ratio
This work was supported by Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and Commission on Higher Education.
- 1.European Council (2003) Official Journal of the European Union L37:19Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE (1987) IEEE Standard on piezoelectricity, ANSI/IEEE standard no. 176 IEEE, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hollenstein E, Davis M, Damjanovic D, Setter N (2005) Appl Phys Lett 87(182905):1Google Scholar
- 14.Powder diffraction File No. 32–0822, International Centre for Diffraction Data, Newton Square, PA, 2001Google Scholar
- 15.Powder diffraction File No. 71–0945, International Centre for Diffraction Data, Newton Square, PA, 2001Google Scholar
- 17.Powder diffraction File No. 84–2003 (2001) International Centre for Diffraction Data, Newton Square, PAGoogle Scholar
- 18.Powder Diffraction File No. 48–0997 (2001) International Centre for Diffraction Data, Newton Square, PAGoogle Scholar