Microstructure and properties of lead-free (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3 based piezoelectric ceramics doped with different cations
- 267 Downloads
Different cations doped lead-free piezoelectric (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3 ceramics with the general formula Na0.4995Bi0.4995Ba0.001Ti0.998M0.002O3 (M = Nb, Ta, and Sb) were fabricated. The effects of processing parameters and doping on phase content, microstructure, dielectric and piezoelectric properties of the materials were discussed. Experimental results show that Nb doped (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3 exhibits superior polarization performance over the existing lead-free ceramics with a d33 value of 122 pC/N obtained when poled at 60 kV/cm at room temperature. The best piezoelectric properties were achieved in (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3 doped with Ta having a measured d33 value of 164 pC/N for samples poled at 100 °C under the applied field of 50 kV/cm.
KeywordsLoss Tangent BiFeO3 Piezoelectric Property High Dielectric Constant Poling Field
The financial support of NSERC is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Smolenskii GA, Isupov VA, Agranovskaya AI, Krainik NN (1961) Sov Phys Solid State (Engl Transl) 2(11):2651Google Scholar
- 2.Takanaka T (2001) Ultrasonic Technol (in Jananese) 8:2Google Scholar
- 5.Takenaka T, Sakata K (1989) Ferroelectrics 89:1Google Scholar
- 6.Takenaka T, Sakata K, Toda K (1990) Ferroelectric 106:375Google Scholar
- 9.Nakada H, Koizumi N, Takenaka T (1999) In: 18th Proceedings of the Electronics Division Meeting of the Ceramics Society of Japan, p 37Google Scholar
- 12.Takenaka T, Nagata H (1998) Jpn J Appl Phys 37-1(9B):5311Google Scholar