Zinc oxide: hydrothermal growth of nano- and bulk crystals and their luminescent properties
- 428 Downloads
Hydrothermal growth, crystal chemistry and catodoluminescence of ZnO single crystals were studied. Zinc oxide was grown as bulk crystals so as crystalline films and powders with different form-factors (size and shape of the particles). The dependence of form-factor on the growth conditions was studied. Growth morphology and spectra of impulse cathodoluminescence (ICL) were analysed for the samples depending on growth conditions. Two emission bands were registered in ICL-spectra with band lengths ~385 and 600 nm. The shift of the band in visible part of spectrum (VIS-band) was found depending on KOH concentration in starting solutions.
KeywordsOxide Polymer Zinc Growth Condition Emission Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Z. K. TANG, G. K. L. WONG, P. YU, M. KAWASAKI, A. OHMOTO, H. KOINUMA AND Y. SEGAWA, Appl. Phys. Lett. 72 (1998) 3270.Google Scholar
- 3.N. OCHASHI, T. ISHIGAKI N. OKADA, IBID. 80 (2002) 2869.Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. KUZMINA, V. A. NIKITENKO, IN “ZINC OXIDE. PROCESSING AND OPTICAL PROPERTIES”, edited by I. K. Vereshchagin (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) p. 20.Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. DEMIANETS, D. V. KOSTOMAROV, I. P. KUZ'MINA, C. V. PUSHKO, CRYSTALLOGRAPHY REPORTS 47 Suppl. (2002) S86.Google Scholar
- 6.W.-J.LU, E.-W. SHI, Z.-W. YIN, J. CRYSTAL GROWTH 208 (2000) 546.Google Scholar
- 7.L. N. DEMIANETS, D.V. KOSTOMAROV, ANN. CHIM. SCI. MAT. 26 (2001) 193.Google Scholar