Studies on structural, dielectric and electrical properties of Dy x Bi1−x FeO3 solid solutions
- 126 Downloads
The polycrystalline samples of Dy x Bi1−x FeO3 (x = 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4 and 0.2) were synthesized by standard solid state reaction technique. The samples synthesized were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) technique. Further the samples were characterized by infrared (IR) spectroscopic technique. The dielectric measurements were carried out as a function of frequency in the range 100 Hz to 1 MHz at room temperature. Also the dielectric measurements were carried out as a function of temperature at certain fixed frequencies. The ac and dc resistivity measurements were carried out using two probe method. Also temperature dependence of ac and dc resistivity was noted. These measurements suggest polaron conduction in the samples. Finally, the data from XRD, IR, dielectric measurements were correlated.
KeywordsBiFeO3 Small Polaron Electrical Resistivity Measurement Measured Frequency Range Pure BiFeO3
Authors are thankful to late Prof. SA Patil, who introduced us to the field of magnetoelectrics. Authors would like to acknowledge Prof. PB Joshi, Prof. RN Patil and Dr. CD Lokahande for the fruitful discussions. Authors (VLM & KKP) are thankful to CSIR, New Delhi for the award of SRF & Extd. SRF, respectively. Authors are thankful to referee for valuable suggestions.
- 3.Popov Yu F, Kadomtseva AM, Vorob’ev GP, Zvezdin AK (1994) Ferroelectrics 162:135Google Scholar
- 5.Kadomtseva AM, Popov Yu F, Schogoleva TV, Vorob’ev GV, Zvezdin AK, Dubenko IS, Murashov VA, Rakov DN (1995) Ferroelectrics 169:85Google Scholar
- 13.Jainding Yu, Naokiyo Koshikawa, Yasutomo Arai, Shinichi Yoda, Hirofumi Saitou (2001) J Cryst Growth 231:568Google Scholar
- 14.JCPDS Card No. 25–90Google Scholar
- 15.Murashov VA, Rakov DN, Ionov VM, Dubenko IS, Titov YU, Gorelik VS (1994) Ferroelectrics 162:11Google Scholar
- 16.JCPDS card No. 19–433Google Scholar
- 20.Krainik NN, Khuchua NP, Zhdanov VV, Euseev VA (1966) Sov Phys Solid Stare 8:654Google Scholar
- 21.Appel J (1968) Solid State Phys 21:193Google Scholar
- 22.Sirdeshmukh L, Krishn KK, Bal LS, Ramkrishna A, Sathaiah G (1998) Bull Mater Sci 21:129Google Scholar
- 23.Lal H, Dar N (1976) Ind J Pure Appl Phys 14:788Google Scholar