Photophysical properties of Eu3+ and Tb3+-doped ZnAl2O4 phosphors obtained by combustion reaction
- 700 Downloads
Europium- and terbium-doped zinc aluminate oxide nanocrystals with a spinel structure were successfully prepared by a combustion method, using urea as fuel. The samples thus obtained were characterized by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and luminescence spectroscopy. X-ray diffraction results confirmed the formation of ZnAl2O4 spinel phase and a minor amount of ZnO. Our SEM results revealed agglomerates in the shape of irregular plates composed of nanoparticles with dispersed points of second phase in the surface. Powders containing Eu3+ and Tb3+ ions displayed red and green photoluminescence, respectively.
KeywordsTerbium Combustion Reaction ZnAl2O4 Zinc Aluminate Field Emission Display
The authors would like to thank the Brazilian institutions CAPES and RENAMI-CNPq for their financial support of this research.
- 2.Blasse G (1994) Luminescent Materials. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Yen WM, Shionoya S (eds) (1998) Phosphor Handbook. CRC press, Boca Raton, FLGoogle Scholar
- 16.Dieke GH (1968) In: Crosswhite HM and Crosswhite H (ed) Spectra and Energy Levels of Rare Earth Ions in Crystals, Interscience Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 19.Dong C (1997) Powder-X Report. Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 20.Klung H, Alexander L (1962) In X-ray diffraction procedures. Willey, New York, EUA, p 491Google Scholar
- 22.Silva JEC (1997) Geração e controle das cores-luz primárias em materiais vítreos dopados com tríades de lantanídeos. Recife, Programa de Pós-Graduação em Ciências, UFPE, Dissertação de mestradoGoogle Scholar