Kinetic equation describing the annealing process of copper
During the annealing process of cold-drawn copper with small amounts of impurities a multiple-sigmoidal behavior has been found, related to the overlapping of two or more process steps, corresponding to a simultaneous recrystallization of the copper matrix and the impurities placement processes. A kinetic equation is introduced to describe the overall process by means of an auto-catalytic kinetic model which could also be extended to describe any annealing process presenting a multi-sigmoidal character.
KeywordsPolymer Copper Recrystallization Kinetic Model Kinetic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. A. JOHNSON and R. F. MEHL, Trans. Am. Inst. Engrs. 135 (1939) 416.Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. KOLMOGOROV, Izv. Akad. Nauk. SSSR, Ser. Mat. 3 (1937) 355.Google Scholar
- 5.R. DOHERTY, A.R. ROLLET and D. J. SROLOVITZ, in Annealing Processes-Recovery, Recrystallization and Grain Growth, Proc. 7th. Risø Int. Symp., 1986, p. 53.Google Scholar
- 7.B. F. DECKER and D. HARKER, Trans. AIME 188 (1950) 887.Google Scholar
- 8.J. HERNá EZ and M. L.BLá ZQUEZ, Rev. Metal. Madrid 23 (1987) 117.Google Scholar
- 9.E. WOLDT and D. JUUL JENSEN, Metall. Mat. Trans. 26A (1995) 1717.Google Scholar
- 11.F. F. KRAFT, R. N. WRIGHT and M. K. JENSEN, J. Mat. Eng. Perform. 5(2) (1996) 213.Google Scholar
- 12.G. MIMA, Y. OGINO and J. SATO, J. Instit. Met. 96 (1968) 49.Google Scholar
- 14.L. M. CLAREBROUGH, M. E. HARGREAVES and G. W. WEST, Philosoph. Mag. 1 (1956) 528.Google Scholar