A comparative study of the effects of Cu, Rh doping on the microstructure, morphological and optical properties of tin dioxide nanocrystallines
Based on the method of bridging coordinated precursor, pure and Cu, Rh doped tin oxide have been synthesized in order to investigate the influence of metal doping and multi-metal doping on the microstructure and optical properties of the host material. We attest to the formation of a chain-like precursor by FTIR analysis. All the studied systems were characterized by XRD, TEM/HRTEM and UV-VIS. Although Cu doping has few effects on the microstructure, it improves the optical properties of the host material. However Rh doping can apparently affect both the microstructure and the optical property. In the co-doped system, Cu doping reduces the effectiveness of Rh doping greatly.
KeywordsOxide Polymer Microstructure Dioxide Optical Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. A. BADAWAY, J. Electr. Chem. 281 (1990) 85.Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. YU, G. Z. HUANG and Y. J. YANG, Sens. Actuat. B 66 (2000) 286.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. T. LI, C. W. YAN and C. X. HU, Polish J. Chem. 75 (2001) 329.Google Scholar
- 5.C. X. HU, Z. H. JING and Y. T. LI, J. Qufu Normal University (Natural Science) 26 (2000) 68.Google Scholar
- 8.I. T. WEBER, R. ANDRADE and E. R. LEITE, Sens. Actuat. B 72 (2001) 180.Google Scholar
- 10.Powder Diffraction File, Data Cards, Inorganic Section, JCPDS, Swarthmore, PA, 1987, 21–1250.Google Scholar
- 11.K. N. YU, Y. XIONG and Y. LIN et al., Phys. Rev. B 55 (1992) 2666.Google Scholar
- 12.TEM/HRTEM analysis of Cu10 mol% doping SnO2 were performed on 200 Kv JEOL TEM-2010 ARP; TEM/HRTEM analysis of the other three samples were performed on a Philips U-TWIN TEC NAI 20.Google Scholar
- 13.D. Z. LIAO, Z. Y. ZHANG and Q. H. ZHAO et al., J. Chin. Inorg. Chem. 6 (1990) 193.Google Scholar
- 14.D. Z. LIAO, J. SHI and Z. H. JIANG et al., J. Chin. Chem. 52 (1994) 171.Google Scholar
- 15.Sadtler Commercial Spectra, IR Grating, INORGANICS, Vol. 1, Y157 O2Sn.Google Scholar
- 16.Y. K. KE and H. R. DONG, “The Enchiridion of Analytical Chemistry,” 2nd edn (Chemical Industry Press, Pekin, 1998) p. 933.Google Scholar