Synthesis of N-(4′-Benzo[15-crown-5])thiophenoxyphenylaminoglyoxime and its complexes with some transition metals
- 127 Downloads
4-(Chloroacetyl)diphenyl thioether (1) was synthesized from chloroacetyl chloride and diphenyl thioether in the presence of AlCl3 as catalyst in a Friedel-Crafts reaction. Subsequently, its keto oxime (2) and glyoxime (3) derivatives were prepared. N-(4′-Benzo[15-crown-5]thiophenoxyphenylaminoglyoxime (H2L) and its sodium chloride complex (H2L · NaCl) were prepared from 4-(thiophenoxy)chlorophenylglyoxime (3), 4′-aminobenzo[15-crown-5] and sodium bicarbonate or sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride. Ni(II), Co(II) and Cu(II) complexes of H2L and H2L · NaCl have a metal–ligand ratio of 1:2 and the ligand coordinates through the two N atoms, as do most of the vic-dioximes. The BF2-capped Ni(II) mononuclear complex of the vic-dioxime was prepared. The macrocyclic ligands and their transition metal complexes were characterized on the basis of FT-IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR spectroscopy and elemental analyses data.
KeywordsBF2+-capped complex Crown compounds Glyoximes Transition metal complexes
The authors are please to acknowledge the Scientific Research Projects (BAP) of Selçuk University for grant with grant number No 2005/05401005.
- 2.Melson, G.A.: Coordination Chemistry of Macrocyclic Compounds, Plenum, New York (1979)Google Scholar
- 6.Shinkai, S., Ishihara, M., Ueda, K., Manabe, O.: Photoresponsive crown ethers. Part 14. Photo regulated crown–metal complexation by competitive intramolecular tail(ammonium)-biting. J. Chem. Soc. Perkin. Trans. 2, 511–518 (1985)Google Scholar
- 9.Mehrotra, R.C.: Comprehensive Coordination Chemistry, Pergamon Pres, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 18.Zolotov, Yu.A., Formanovskii, A.A., Pletnev, I.V., et al.: Makrotsiklicheskie soedineniya analiticheskoi khimii (Macrocyclic Compounds in Analytical Chemistry), Nauka, Moscow (1993)Google Scholar
- 19.Steed, J.W., Atwood, J.L.: Supramolecular Chemistry, Wiley, Chichester (2000)Google Scholar
- 20.Lehn, J.M.: Supramolecular Chemistry. Concepts and Perspectives. VCH, Weinheim (1998)Google Scholar
- 29.Özcan, E., Mirzaoglu, R.: Synthesis of 4 new substituted arylaminoglyoximes and their complexes with copper(II), nickel(II), cobalt(II), and palladium(II). Synth. React. Inorg. Met. -Org. Chem. 18, 559–574 (1998)Google Scholar