Analysis and Verification of Repetitive Motion Planning and Feedback Control for Omnidirectional Mobile Manipulator Robotic Systems
Mobile manipulator robotic systems (MMRSs) composed of a manipulator and a mobile platform are investigated in this paper. In order for the mobile manipulator robotic system (MMRS) to return to its initial state when the manipulator’s end-effector is requested to execute cyclical tasks, a quadratic program (QP) based repetitive motion planning and feedback control (RMPFC) scheme is proposed and analyzed. Such an RMPFC scheme can not only mix motion planning and reactive control, but also consider the physical limits of the robotic system. Mathematically, the efficacy of the RMPFC scheme is verified via gradient dynamics analysis. To further demonstrate the effectiveness of the RMPFC scheme, a kinematically redundant MMRS composed of a three degrees-of-freedom (DOF) planar manipulator and an omnidirectional mobile platform is designed, modeled and analyzed. Then, repetitive motion planning and feedback control for the designed omnidirectional MMRS is studied. Besides, a numerical algorithm is developed and presented to solve the QP and resolve the redundancy of the robotic system. Moreover, computer simulations are comparatively performed on such an omnidirectional MMRS, and simulation results substantiate the effectiveness, accuracy and superiority of the proposed RMPFC scheme.
KeywordsMobile manipulator robotic system Quadratic program Repetitive motion planning Feedback control Numerical algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Siciliano, B., Sciavicco, L., Villani, L., Oriolo, G.: Robotics: Modelling, Planning and Control. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Siciliano, B., Khatib, O.: Springer Handbook of Robotics. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Jun, B.-H., Lee, J., Lee, P.-M.: Repetitive periodic motion planning and directional drag optimization of underwater articulated robotic arms. Int. J. Control Autom. Syst. 4(1), 42–52 (2006)Google Scholar
- 22.Siegwart, R., Nourbakhsh, I.R.: Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots. MIT Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 23.Saha, S.K.: Introduction to Robotics. Tata McGraw-Hill Education (2008)Google Scholar
- 24.Craig, J.J.: Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control. Pearson Education (2008)Google Scholar
- 25.Zhang, Y., Yi, C.: Zhang Neural Networks and Neural-Dynamic Method. Nova (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.Zhang, Y., Guo, D., Li, K., Li, J.: Manipulability-maximizing self-motion planning and control of redundant manipulators with experimental validation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 1829–1834 (2012)Google Scholar
- 30.Bazaraa, M.S., Sherali, H.D., Shetty, C.M.: Nonlinear Programming: Theory and Algorithms. Wiley (1993)Google Scholar