Cooperative Control of Multiple UAVs for Moving Source Seeking
- 819 Downloads
Advances in multi-agent technologies and UAV technologies make it possible to take advantage of cooperation of multiple UAVs for source seeking. This paper focuses on moving source seeking using multiple UAVs with input constraints. Firstly, a least-squares method is introduced to estimate the gradient of the scalar field at the leader UAV location based on the measurements of all UAVs. Since the moving source velocity is unknown, an adaptive estimator is designed to obtain the velocity. Based on the estimated gradient and source velocity, a guidance law and a sliding mode based heading rate controller are proposed for the leader UAV to achieve level tracking. Heading rate controller for each follower UAV is also developed to achieve circular formation around the leader UAV. Furthermore, the gradient estimation error is analyzed and its influence on moving source velocity estimation and level tracking accuracy is explored as well. Finally, simulation results are provided to verify the proposed approach.
KeywordsUAV Source seeking Formation control Adaptive estimation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Han, J., Chen, Y.: Cooperative source seeking and contour mapping of a diffusive signal field by formations of multiple UAVs. IEEE International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), pp. 35–40, Atlanta (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Biyik, E., Arcak, M.: Gradient climbing in formation via extremum seeking and passivity-based coordination rules. In: 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 3133–3138, New Orleans, LA (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Ghods, N., Krstic, M.: Multiagent deployment over a source. IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. 20(1), 277–285 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, S., Guo, Y.: Distributed source seeking by cooperative robots: all-to-all and limited communications. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1107–1112. USA (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Brinon-Arranz, L., Seuret, A., Canudas-de-Wit, C.: Collaborative estimation of gradient direction by a formation of AUVs under communication constraints. In: 50th IEEE Conference of Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC), pp. 5583–5588 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Moore, B.J., Canudas-de-Wit, C.: Source seeking via collaborative measurements by a circular formation of agents. In: American Control Conference (ACC), pp. 6417–6422 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Peterson, C., Paley, D.A.: Cooperative control of unmanned vehicle in a time-varying flowfield. In: Proceedings of AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference (2009)Google Scholar