Forty years of Butterfly Conservation!
- 97 Downloads
I thank three members of the editorial board for their comments on a draft of this tribute.
- Asher J, Warren M, Fox R, Harding P, Jeffcoate G, Jeffcoate S (2001) The Millennium Atlas of butterflies in Britain and Ireland. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Cowling L (2008a) Butterfly Conservation—the first 20 years. Butterfly (Spring 2008):15–19Google Scholar
- Cowling L (2008b) Butterfly Conservation 1988–2008. Butterfly (Summer 2008):14–18Google Scholar
- Davies M (2008) The history of Butterfly Conservation. www.butterfly-conservation.org/uploads/Martyn%20Davies%20history%20of%20Butterfly%20Conservation.pdf. Accessed 14 August 2008
- Dennis RLH, Shreeve TG, Sheppard DA (2007) Species conservation and landscape management: a habitat perspective. In: Stewart AJA, New TR, Lewis OT (eds) Insect conservation biology. CABI, Wallingford, pp 92–126Google Scholar
- Lewis OT, Basset Y (2007) Insect conservation in tropical forests. In: Stewart AJA, New TR, Lewis OT (eds) Insect conservation biology. CABI, Wallingford, pp 34–56Google Scholar
- Pullin AS (ed) (1995) Ecology and conservation of butterflies. Chapman & Hall, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Pyle RM (1986) The birth of Xerces. www.xerces.org/origin.htm. Accessed 14 August 2008
- Stewart AJA, New TR (2007) Insect conservation in temperate biomes: issues, progress and prospects. In: Stewart AJA, New TR, Lewis OT (eds) Insect conservation biology. CABI, Wallingford, pp 1–33Google Scholar
- Warren M (2006) An interview with Dr Martin Warren Chief Executive of Butterfly Conservation by Peter Eeles www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/reports_martinwarren.php. Accessed 14 August 2008
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008