Sine-Wave Signal Characterization Using Square-Wave and ΣΔ-Modulation: Application to Mixed-Signal BIST
- 82 Downloads
This paper presents a method for extracting, in the digital domain, the main characteristic parameters of an analog sine-wave signal. It is based on a double-modulation, square-wave and sigma-delta, together with a simple Digital Processing Algorithm. It leads to an efficient and robust approach very suitable for BIST applications. In this line, some considerations for on-chip implementation are addressed together with simulation results that validate the feasibility of the proposed approach.
Keywordsmixed-signal testing analog testing BIST sigma-delta modulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Arabi and B. Kaminska, “Testing Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits Using Oscillation-Test Method,” IEEE Trans. on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 16, no. 7, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.I. Brynjolfson and Z. Zilic, “A New PLL Design for Clock Management Applications,” Proc. of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS01), vol. 4, pp. 814–817, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Dufort and G.W. Roberts, “On-Chip Analog Signal Generation for Mixed-Signal Built-In-Self-Test,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 318–330, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Hafed, N. Abaskharoun, and G.W. Roberts, “A 4-GHz Effective Sample Rate Integrated Test Core for Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuits,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 499–513, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.H.C. Hong, J.L. Huang, K.T. Cheng, C.W. Wu, and D.M. Kwai, “Practical Considerations in Applying ΣΔ Modulation-Based Analog BIST to Sampled-Data Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-II, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 553–566, 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Huertas, D. Vázquez, E.J. Peralias, A. Rueda, and J.L. Huertas, “Practical Oscillation-Based Test of Integrated Filters,” IEEE Design & Test of Computers, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 64–72, 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.M.V. Mahoney, DSP-Based Testing of Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuits, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Malcovati, S. Brigati, F. Francesconi, F. Maloberti, P. Cusinato, and A. Baschirotto, “Behavioral Modeling of Switched-Capacitor Sigma-Delta Modulators,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-I, vol. 50, no. 3, 2003.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Negreiros, L. Carro, and A. Susin, “A Statistical Sampler for a New On-Line Analog Test Method,” Int. Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, no. 19, pp. 585–595, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.L. Rolíndez, S. Mir, G. Prenat, and A. Bounceur, “A 0.18 u CMOS Implementation of On-Chip Analog Test Signal Generation from Digital Test Pattern,” IEEE Design and Test in Europe (DATE04), vol. 1, Paris, France, Feb. 2004, pp. 704–705.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Vazquez, G. Huertas, G. Leger, E. Peralias, A. Rueda, and J.L. Huertas, “On-Chip Evaluation of Oscillation Based Test Output Signals for Switched-Capacitor Circuits,” Int. Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, vol. 33, pp. 201–211, 2002.Google Scholar