Morphotropic phase boundary and electrical properties of lead-free bismuth sodium lanthanum titanate—barium titanate ceramics
- 459 Downloads
The important properties of lead-free piezoelectric ceramics have been investigated from Bismuth Sodium Lanthanum Titanate and Barium Titanate system: (1 − y)(Bi0.5Na0.5)(1 − 1.5x)La x TiO3(BNLT)—yBaTiO3(BT) where x = 0.017 and y = 0 − 0.2, respectively. The morphotropic phase boundary (MPB) was found to be around y = 0.1 by the x-ray diffraction and dielectric measurement at various amount of BT. The temperature dependence of dielectric constant (ε r ) at various value of y showed the diffuse phase transition exhibiting the relaxor type ferroelectrics. The degree of diffuseness increased at a high doping content of about y = 0.15 where the second phase transition (T2) of the ferroelectric to antiferroelectric phase disappeared. Moreover, this sample had the maximum piezoelectric coefficient (d 33) of about 112 pC/N with relatively low dielectric constant. The optimum sintering temperatures and the microstructures of the dense BNLT-BT ceramics were also examined.
KeywordsBNLT BT Lead -free piezoelectric ceramic Conventional ceramic method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.A. Smolenskii, V.A. Isupov, A.I. Agranovskaya, and N.N. Kraink: Sov. Phys.Solid State, 2, 2651 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.I.P. Pronin, P.P. Syrnikov, V.A. Isupov, V.M. Egorov, N.V. Zaitseva, and A.F. Ioffe, “Peculiarities of phase transition in bismuth sodium titanate”, Ferroelectrics, 25, 395 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.J.V. Zvirgzds, P.P. Kapostis, and T.V. Kruzina, “X-ray study of phase transition in ferroelectric Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3,” Ferroelectrics, 40, 75 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Sakata, T. Takenaka, and Y. Naitou, Ferroelectrics, 131, 219 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Sakata and Y. Masuda, Ferroelectrics, 5, 347 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Takenaka, K. Sakata, and K. Toda, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 28, 59 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.Chun Peng, Jing-Feng, and Wen Gong, Mater. Lett., In press.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Takenaka, K.-I. Maruyama, and K. Skata, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 30(9B), 2246 (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Sakata and Y. Masuda, Ferroelectrics, 7, 347 (1974).Google Scholar