The design and characteristics of ring type linear ultrasonic motor for X-Y stage
In this paper, the linear ultrasonic motor is newly designed to apply for the actuator of X-Y stage, its vibration mode is analyzed by FEM software, and its characteristics are studied as a function of the inner diameter of the elastic body. As a result from FEM analysis, the stator simultaneously vibrates to radial and bending vibration mode. Based on the result, ring-type linear ultrasonic motors are fabricated according to its inner diameter and its resonant frequency is measured by impedance analyzer. As inner diameter increases, its resonant frequency and velocity decreases. When its inner diameter, input voltage and driving frequency are 10 mm, 20 Vpp and 68.6 kHz, the velocity of the moving body is about 100 mm/s.
KeywordsUltrasonic Motor FEM Radial mode Bending mode Linear
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gene H. Haertling, “Ferroelectric ceramics: History and technology,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 4(82), 797–818 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.Shijie GUO, et al., “A three-dimensional vibration analysis of the stator of an ultrasonic motor, ” JSME, 57(541), 20–26 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Tomikawa et al., “A paper or card forwarding device using a flat-type ultrasonic motor, ” Sensors Mater., 1(6), 359–379 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Burhanettin Koc et al., “An ultrasonic motor using a metal-ceramic composite actuator generating torsional displacement, ” JJAP, 37(10), 5659–5662 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Ueha et al., Ultrasonic Motors; Theory and Applications, (CLARENDON PRESS 1993), pp. 59–92.Google Scholar