Piezoelectric and Dielectric Properties of Pb(Zr x Ti1 − x)O3-Pb(Ni1/3Sb1/3Nb1/3)O3 Piezoelectric Ceramics
In this paper, piezoelectric and dielectric properties of 0.9PbZr x Ti1−xO3-0.1PbNi1/3Sb1/3Nb1/3O3 were studied as a function of Zr/Ti mole ratio(x) for application to piezoelectric actuator. Also, microstructure and crystalline phase are investigated by using SEM and XRD, respectively. As a results, the substitution of Sb5+ to B-site increases the piezoelectric and dielectric properties, and when Zr/Ti mole ratio is 49/51 and ternary mole ration is 0.1(0.9PbZr0.49Ti0.51O3-0.1PbNi1/3Sb1/3Nb1/3O3), the corresponding composition were found belonging to the Morphotropic Phase Boundary region with electromechanical coupling coefficient(k p ), mechanical quality factor (Qm), permittivity(ε r ) and piezoelectric strain constant(d33) equaled to 63%, 360, 2000 and 470 pC/N, respectively. Sintering temperature was about 1150_∘C and Curie temperature was determined around 290_∘C.
Keywordspiezoelectric actuator MPB PZT-PNSN Piezoelectric strain constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Hata, Y. Tomikawa, S. Hirose, and T. Takano, JJAP, 35, 5023 (1996).Google Scholar
- S.L. Swartz, IEEE Trans. On EI, 25, 935 (1990).Google Scholar
- C. Miclea, C. Tanasoiu, and S. Spanulescu, Proc. of 2000 CAS, 483 (2001).Google Scholar
- S. Takahashi and S. Hirose, JJAP, 32, 2422 (1993).Google Scholar
- S. Takahashi, Y. Sasaki, M. Umeda, K. Nakamura, and S. Ueha, in ISAF ′94 Proc. of the Ninth IEEE, 377 (1994).Google Scholar