A knowledge-based approach to generating diverse but energetically representative ensembles of ligand conformers
- 89 Downloads
This paper describes a new and efficient stochastic conformational sampling method for generating a range of low-energy molecule conformations. Sampling can be tailored to a specific structural domain (e.g., peptides) by extracting torsional profiles from specific datasets and subsequently applying them to target molecules outside the reference set. The programs that handle creation of the knowledge-based torsional profiles and conformer generation per se are separate and so can be used independently or sequentially, depending on the task at hand. The conformational ensembles produced are contrasted with those generated using local minimization approaches. They are also quantitatively compared with a broader range of techniques in terms of speed and the ability to reproduce bound ligand conformations found in complexes with proteins.
KeywordsConformer generation Conformational sampling Bioactive conformation Shape-searching Docking Pharmacophores
Many thanks to Dr. Edmond Abrahamian (Tripos) for infusing common sense into this publication, noting errors, suggesting additional areas to cover, and asking searching questions.
- 2.Cato SJ (2000) In: Güner O (ed) Pharmacophore perception, development, use in drug design. International University Line, La Jolla CA, pp 107–125Google Scholar
- 10.Hurst T (1994) J Chem Inf Comput Sci 34:190–196Google Scholar
- 15.CONFORT® was developed by R.S. Pearlman and R. Balducci at the University of Texas, Austin, and is distributed by Tripos International, 1699 S. Hanley Rd., St. Louis MO 63144 USA (http://www.tripos.com)
- 16.SYBYL® and GALAHAD™ are distributed by Tripos International, 1699 S Hanley Rd, St. Louis MO 63144 USA ( http://www.tripos.com)
- 17.OMEGA is a product of OpenEye Science Software, 3600 Cerrillos Road Suite 1107, Santa Fe NM 87508 USA ( http://www.eyesopen.com)
- 23.KBProf and KBConf are trademarks of Tripos L.PGoogle Scholar
- 26.Homer RW, Clark RD, Hurst T, Jilek RJ, Swanson: SYBYL Line Notation (SLN): a single notation to represent chemical structures, queries, reactions, virtual libraries (manuscript in preparation)Google Scholar
- 27.For details, see http://www.tripos.com/mol2/atom_types.html
- 28.LeadQuest® is a available from Tripos Discovery Research Centre, Bude-Stratton Business Park, Bude Cornwall EX23 BLY UK ( http://www.leadquest.com)
- 36.CONCORD® was developed by R.S. Pearlman, A. Rusinko, J.M. Skell and R. Baducci at the University of Texas, Austin, and is distributed exclusively by Tripos International, 1699 S. Hanley Rd., St. Louis MO 63144Google Scholar