Detection of Poisonous Herbs by Terahertz Time-Domain Spectroscopy
- 18 Downloads
The aim of this paper is the application of terahertz (THz) spectroscopy combined with chemometrics techniques to distinguish poisonous and non-poisonous herbs which both have a similar appearance. Spectra of one poisonous and two non-poisonous herbs (Gelsemium elegans, Lonicera japonica Thunb, and Ficus Hirta Vahl) were obtained in the range 0.2–1.4 THz by using a THz time-domain spectroscopy system. Principal component analysis (PCA) was used for feature extraction. The prediction accuracy of classification is between 97.78 to 100%. The results demonstrate an efficient and applicative method to distinguish poisonous herbs, and it may be implemented by using THz spectroscopy combined with chemometric algorithms.
Keywordsterahertz spectroscopy poisonous herbs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Y. Q. J. B. Wang, Y. L. Zhao, L. M. Shan, B. C. Li, F. Fang, C. Jin, and X. H. Xiao, J. Hazard Mater., 199, 350–357 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.G. F. Liu and C. R. Zhang, Lingnan J. Emergency Med., 11, 462 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Wen, Med. Forum, 17, 3764–3765 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.M. M. Liu, W. Y. Huang, Z. Q. Xu, and J. L. Yu, J. Med. Pest. Control., 32, 807–809 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.W. D. Xu, L. J. Xie, Z. Z. Ye, W. L. Gao, Y. Yao, M. Chen, J. Y. Qin, and Y. B. Ying, Sci. Rep., 5, 11115, 1–9 (2015).Google Scholar
- 17.T. Chen, Z. Li, W. Mo, and F. R. Hu, Spectrosc. Spectr. Anal., 33, 1220–1225 (2013).Google Scholar
- 20.J. Tang, C. Deng, and G. B. Huang, IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. Learn. Syst., 27, 1 (2015).Google Scholar
- 22.Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer Verlag (2014) pp. 1–26.Google Scholar
- 23.X. S. Yang and S. Deb, Mathematics, 210–240 (2010).Google Scholar