Optical Methods for Identifying Hard Clay Core Samples During Petrophysical Studies
- 12 Downloads
X-ray phase analysis of the general mineralogical composition of core samples from one of the West Siberian fields was performed. Electronic absorption spectra of the clay core samples with an added indicator were studied. The speed and availability of applying the two methods in petrophysical laboratories during sample preparation for standard and special studies were estimated.
Keywordsx-ray phase analysis optical density rock core mineral composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Korepanov, V. M. Lisitsyn, V. I. Oleshko, E. F. Polisadova, and S. S. Vil′chinskaya, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 73, No. 3, 339–343 (2006) [V. I. Korepanov, V. M. Lisitsyn, V. I. Oleshko, E. F. Polisadova, and S. S. Vil′chinskaya, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 73, 382–387 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 2.T. V. Bezrodnaya, G. V. Klishevich, V. I. Mel′nik, V. V. Nesprava, G. A. Puchkovskaya, and I. T. Chashechnikova, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 77, No. 6, 846–851 (2010) [T. V. Bezrodna, G. V. Klishevich, V. I. Melnik, V. V. Nesprava, G. A. Puchkovska, and I. T. Chashechnikova, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 77, 784–789 (2010)].Google Scholar
- 3.GOST 26450.0-85 Rocks. General requirements for sampling and sample preparation for determination of collecting properties.Google Scholar
- 4.GOST 26450.1-85 Rocks. Method for determination of open porosity coefficient by fluid saturation.Google Scholar
- 5.GOST 26450.2-85 Rocks. Method for determination of absolute gas permeability coefficient by stationary and nonstationary filtration.Google Scholar
- 6.L. S. Zevin and L. L. Zav’yalova, Quantitative X-ray Diffraction Phase Analysis [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1974), pp. 95–108.Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Morev and V. A. Morev, Estestv. Tekhn. Nauki, 11–12, 141–144 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Morev and V. A. Morev, Indicator for Rapid Estimation of Content of Clay in Core Samples, RU Pat. 2604220, June 10, 2016; Byull. 34 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.K. I. Tarasov, Spectral Instruments [in Russian], LGU, Leningrad (1977), pp. 199–216.Google Scholar
- 10.N. V. Logvinenko and E. I. Sergeeva, Methods for Determining Sedimentary Rocks [in Russian], Nedra, Leningrad (1986), pp. 87–88.Google Scholar