Structure and Cathodoluminescent Properties of Y2O3:Eu Thin Films at Different Activator Concentrations
- 14 Downloads
The surface structure and cathodoluminescence (CL) spectra of thin films of Y2O3:Eu obtained by HF ion plasma sputtering were investigated by varying the activator concentration in the range of 1.0–7.5 mole%. The possibility of creating irregular solutions of yttrium and europium oxides and the structural features of the small and large crystallites that form the Y2O3:Eu film were demonstrated on the basis of the shape of the CL spectra at different activator concentrations. The critical distance for interaction between the Eu3+ ions at nodes with C2 and C3i point symmetry was estimated, and a mechanism of energy migration between these centers was proposed.
Keywordsyttrium oxide surface texture cathodoluminescence thin film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Yamamoto, Cathodoluminescence, Croatia, InTech (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.L. Maissel and R. Glanga (Eds.), Technology of Thin Films [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Berlin, and L. A. Seidman, Ion Plasma Processes in Thin-Film Technology [in Russian], Tekhnosfera, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.O. M. Bordun, I. O. Bordun, and I. I. Kukharskii, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 82, No. 3, 380–385 (2015) [O. M. Bordun, I. O. Bordun, and I. Yo. Kukharskyy, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 82, No. 3, 390–395 (2015)].Google Scholar
- 13.T. A. Pomelova, V. V. Bakovets, I. V. Korol′kov, O. V. Antonova, and I. P. Dolgovesova, FTT, 56, No. 12, 2410–2419 (2014).Google Scholar
- 15.H. Shi, X.-Y. Zhang, W.-L. Dong, X.-Y. Mi, N.-L. Wang, Y. Li, and H.-W. Liu, Chin. Phys. B, 25, No. 4, 047802 (1–5) (2016).Google Scholar
- 18.G. S. Gowd, M. K. Patra, S. Songara, A. Shukla, M. Mathew, S. R. Vadera, and N. Kumar, J. Lumin., 132, No. 8, 76–82 (2012).Google Scholar
- 19.F. Hanic, M. Hartmanova, S. Bagdasarov, G. G. Knab, and A. A. Urusovskaja, Acta Crystallogr. B, 40, No. 2, 1723–1730 (1984).Google Scholar
- 21.D. den Engelsen, P. Harris, T. Ireland, and J. Silver, ECS J. Sol. State Sci. Tech., 4, No. 2, R1–R9 (2015).Google Scholar