Lasing of Some Red Laser Dyes in Annealed Silica Xerogel
- 9 Downloads
The spectral and energy characteristics of generation in the red spectral region 650–720 nm were measured and analyzed for three laser dyes in preliminarily annealed SiO2 xerogel matrices under laser excitation λp = 588 nm in a nonselective cavity. The specific laser-energy output for two of them (LK678 and Ox170) in the matrices was 10–13% higher than in MeOH. NBA dye in the matrix generated two laser radiation bands in the 700–720 nm region with pumping Ep ≥ 80 mJ whereas its generation threshold in MeOH exceeded the maximum pumping energy of 140 mJ so that NBA generation was not observed. Laser emission spectra of the studied matrices in a nonselective cavity were red-shifted by ~1000 cm–1 from the fluorescence maximum. Such a shift could improve the characteristics of biosensors based on these matrices.
Keywordslaser dye xerogel SiO2-matrix specific laser energy double-band radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Li, L. Wang, T. Zhai, Z. Xu, Y. Wang, J. Wang, and X. Zhang, Opt. Express, 23, No. 18, 23985–23991 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.O. N. Bezkrovnaya, V. V. Maslov, I. M. Pritula, A. G. Yurkevich, M. A. Chaika, Yu. A. Gurkalenko, and N. V. Pereverzev, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 84, No. 1, 39–43 (2017) [O. N. Bezkrovnaya, V. V. Maslov, I. M. Pritula, A. G. Yurkevich, M. A. Chaika, Yu. A. Gurkalenko, and N. V. Pereverzev, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 84, No. 1, 31–34 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 6.G. Hong, A. L. Antaris, and H. Dai, Nat. Biomed. Eng., 1, Art. No. 0010 (1–22) (2017).Google Scholar
- 7.B. I. Stepanov, N. N. Bychkov, V. G. Nikiforov, L. V. Levshin, B. F. Trinchuk, A. I. Sopin, V. A. Alekseev, A. M. Lantsov, P. V. Davidenko, B. M. Uzhinov, and S. I. Druzhinin, Pis′ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 14, No. 7, 650–653 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Dzyubenko, V. V. Maslov, V. P. Pelipenko, V. V. Shevchenko, and E. A. Kupko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 71, No. 3, 398–402 (2004) [M. I. Dzyubenko, V. V. Maslov, V. P. Pelipenko, V. V. Shevchenko, and E. A. Kupko, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 71, No. 3, 435–440 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 10.R. Sens and K. H. Drexhage, J. Lumin., 24–25, Part 2, 709–712 (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Maslov and V. M. Nikitchenko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 73, No. 3, 401–404 (2006) [V. V. Maslov and V. M. Nikitchenko, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 73, No. 3, 454–457 (2006)].Google Scholar