X-Ray-, Cathodo-, and Photoluminescence of Yttrium–Aluminum Composites on Porous Anodic Alumina Films
- 32 Downloads
Yttrium–aluminum composites doped with terbium were synthesized by precipitation on porous anodic alumina fi lms grown on silicon substrates. The fabricated structures demonstrated x-ray-, cathodo-, and photoluminescence with characteristic bands of trivalent terbium upon excitation by Cu Kα x-rays of energy 8.86 keV, a 180-keV electron beam, and optical UV radiation, respectively. The terbium luminescence bands increased in intensity as the terbium concentration increased from 0.01 to 0.25 mol%. The intensity of a broad band in the blue spectral region with a maximum at 410 nm that was due to photoluminescence of the porous anodic alumina fi lm increased as the excitation wavelength increased from 260 to 340 nm. Simultaneously, the intensities of luminescence bands in the range 480–650 nm associated with Tb 3 + 5 D 4 – 7 F j (j = 3, 4, 5, 6) transitions decreased. The possibility of practical application of the synthesized luminescent structures was discussed.
Keywordsyttrium–aluminum composite terbium porous anodic alumina luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. M. Chinie, A. Stefan, and S. Georgescu, Roman. Rep. Phys., 57, No. 3, 412–417 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Guo, M.-L. Huang, H.-H. Chen, X.-X. Yang, and J.-T. Zhao, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 358, 88–92 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.N. V. Gaponenko, V. S. Kortov, T. I. Orekhovskaya, I. A. Nikolaenko, V. A. Pustovarov, S. V. Zvonarev, A. I. Slesarev, and S. Ya. Prislopskii, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 45, No. 7, 980–983 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Podhorodecki, N. V. Gaponenko, G. Zatryb, I. S. Molchan, M. Motyka, J. Serafi nczuk, L. W. Golacki, L. S. Khoroshko, J. Misiewicz, and G. E. Thompson, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 46, 355302 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Kortov, I. I. Mil′man, S. V. Nikiforov, E. V. Moiseikin, and M. M. Ovchinnikov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 46, No. 12, 2143–2147 (2004).Google Scholar
- 13.N. V. Gaponenko, T. I. Orekhovskaya, M. V. Meledina, S. Ya. Prislopskii, S. V. Gaponenko, D. A. Tsirkunov, V. E. Borisenko, and A. S. Turtsevich, Rep. Belarus Pat. No. 15052, 2011; Method for Forming Figures for Producing A Luminescent Image on an Aluminum Surface. Google Scholar