UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Polypeptide-K in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms
- 48 Downloads
An analytical method for estimation of polypeptide-k using UV spectrophotometry has been developed and validated for bulk as well as tablet dosage form. The developed method was validated for linearity, precision, accuracy, specificity, robustness, detection, and quantitation limits. The method has shown good linearity over the range from 100.0 to 300.0 μg/ml with a correlation coefficient of 0.9943. The percentage recovery of 99.88% showed that the method was highly accurate. The precision demonstrated relative standard deviation of less than 2.0%. The LOD and LOQ of the method were found to be 4.4 and 13.33, respectively. The study established that the proposed method is reliable, specific, reproducible, and cost-effective for the determination of polypeptide-k.
Keywordspolypeptide-k diabetes mellitus UV spectrometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.World Health Organization. The Global Burden of Disease: 2004 update. Geneva, 35–37 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.C. L. Lee, Y. S. Yong, A. Zuraini, A. Yaacob, and H. M. Nazrul, Int. J. Nutr. Metab., 3, 7–10 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Xiang, X. Huang, L. Chen, P. Rao, and L. Ke, Asia Pac. J. Clin. Nutr., 16, 249–252 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Khanna, U.S. Patent 683162 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.ICH Validation of Analytical Procedure: Text and Methodology Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva, 2005.Google Scholar
- 11.V. Kumar, S. K. Singh, M. Gulati, Renuka, R. Annishetty, and T. Vanan, Curr. Pharm. Anal., 9, 310–317 (2013).Google Scholar