Reaction Mechanism of Lead(II) Oxide With A PbCl2–CsCl Melt According to Raman Spectroscopic Data
The reaction mechanism of lead(II) oxide and PbCl2–CsCl melt was studied in situ using Raman spectroscopy. The types, structures, and compositions of ionic species present in the melt were determined. It was found that dissolution of PbO followed the reaction [PbCl 3 − + Cs+](l) + 2 PbO(s) → [Pb3O2Cl+ + Cs+ + 2 Cl] (l) and was accompanied by the appearance of [Pb3O2Cl]+ oxychloride ions.
KeywordsRaman spectroscopy lead oxide lead oxychloride melt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Morachevskii, Physical Chemistry of Lead Recycling [in Russian], Izd. Politekh. Univ., St. Petersburg (2009), pp. 226–240.Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Efremov, A. P. Apisarov, P. A. Arkhipov, and Yu. P. Zaikov, Rasplavy, No. 1, 29–34 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Podsiadlo, J. Therm. Anal., 37, 613–626 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.I. D. Zakir′yanova, E. V. Nikolaeva, and A. L. Bove, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 81, No. 6, 831–835 (2014) [I. D. Zakir′yanova, E. V. Nikolaeva, and A. L. Bove, J. Appl. Spectrosc., 81, 919–923 (2014)].Google Scholar
- 7.I. D. Zakir′yanova, in: Proceedings of the XVIth Russian Conference on Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry of Molten and Solid Electrolytes [in Russian], Sept. 16–20, 2013, Ekaterinburg, Izd. Ural. Univ., (2013), pp. 93–95.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Frost and P. Williams, Spectrochim. Acta, Part A, 60, Nos. 8–9, 2071–2077 (2004).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Dovesi, V. R. Saunders, C. Roetti, R. Orlando, C. M. Zicovich-Wilson, F. Pascale, B. Civalleri, K. Doll, N. M. Harrison, I. J. Bush, P. D′Arco, and M. Llunell, CRYSTAL09 User′s Manual, Univ. of Torino, Torino (2009); http://www.crystal.unito.it/index.php
- 15.D. O. Zakir′yanov, V. A. Chernyshev, and I. D. Zakir′yanova, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 58, No. 2, 317–323 (2015).Google Scholar
- 17.J. Brandmueller and H. Moser, Einfuhrung in die Ramanspektroskopie, D. Steinkopff, Darmstadt (1962) [Russian translation, pp. 465–486].Google Scholar