Band Structure and Birefringence of RbKSO4 Crystals
The band-energy structure and optical spectra of RbKSO4 crystals in the Pnma orthorhombic phase were studied theoretically and experimentally. Isotropic points were observed. The band structure, density of states, and dielectric permeability distribution ε(E) were calculated using a pseudopotential method in the framework of density functional theory. Spectral dependences of the birefringence Δni of RbKSO4 crystals for various physical crystal directions were obtained based on these calculations. The experimental and theoretical birefringence spectra were in good agreement.
Keywordselectron density band structure birefringence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. I. Stadnik, N. A. Romanyuk, and R. S. Brezvin, Kristallografi ya, 50, 1038–1042 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Stadnik, N. A. Romanyuk, and R. S. Brezvin, Electron Polarizability of Ferroics [in Russian], Izd. LNU im. I. Franko, L′vov (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.N. M. Melankholin, Methods for Studying Optical Properties of Crystals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.M. O. Romanyuk, Practicum in Crystal Optics and Physics [in Ukrainian], Izd. LNU im. I. Franko, L′vov (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Stadnik, R. S. Brezvin, M. Ya. Rudish, P. A. Shchepanskii, V. M. Gaba, and Z. A. Kogut, Opt. Spektrosk., 117, No. 5, 779–782 (2014).Google Scholar