Radiative Decay of Autoionizing np 2-States During Dielectronic Recombination of Zn+ and Cd+ Ions
- 42 Downloads
Dielectronic recombination of Zn+ and Cd+ ions involving electron excitation of the ion ns core with simultaneous resonance capture of an incident electron into the doubly-excited intermediate autoionizing np2 1S0-state followed by its radiative stabilization np2 → nsnp + hν was observed and investigated using an ultrahigh-vacuum apparatus with crossed electron and ion beams. The effective cross sections of dielectronic recombination at the maximum were 0.9·10–17 cm2 for Zn+ and 1.6·10–17 cm2 for Cd+, which were comparable with those for electron excitation of the resonance lines of the studied ions. The high probability of radiative decay of the autoionizing np2 1S0-state was due to relativistic and correlation effects.
Keywordsautoionizing state dielectronic recombination effective cross section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.ITER Physics Basis Eds., Nucl. Fusion, 39, 2137–2174 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.R. J. Lovett, in: Abstr. 6th Annual Meeting FACSS, Sept. 6–12, 1979, Philadelphia (1979), p. 52.Google Scholar
- 17.Y. P. Liu, C. Gao, J. L. Zeng, and J. R. Shi, Astron. Astrophys., 536, A51 (1–8) (2011).Google Scholar
- 23.S. V. Avakyan, R. N. Il′in, V. M. Lavrov, and G. N. Ogurtsov, Ionization and Excitation Cross Sections of UV Light During Collisions of Electrons, Ions and Photons with Atoms and Molecules of Atmospheric Gases. Handbook [in Russian], GOI, St. Petersburg (2000), pp. 161–240.Google Scholar
- 24.A. N. Gomonai and A. I. Imre, Ukr. Fiz. Zh., 41, Nos. 11–12, 1032–1037 (1996).Google Scholar
- 27.N. L. S. Martin, D. B. Thompson, R. P. Bauman, and M. Wilson, J. Phys. IV, France, 3, C6-69–C6-78 (1993).Google Scholar