Modified sequential floating selection for blood glucose monitoring using near infrared spectral data
- 56 Downloads
To enable non-invasive blood glucose monitoring using near infrared spectroscopy, a modified sequential floating selection method is proposed to remove uninformative data from the spectrum. A linear discriminant function is then used for classification based on selected features. Experiments show that this approach is able to give promising prediction results by classifying near infrared spectroscopic data of blood glucose with good accuracy.
Keywordssequential floating selection linear discriminant function near infrared spectroscopic data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.World Health Organization. Diabetes Programme: Fact sheets No. 312 (2011) Retrieved 03 20, 2011; http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs312/en/
- 2.S. Wild, G. Roglic, R. Sicree, H. King, and A. Green, Diabetes Care, 1047–1053 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.World Health Organization. Screening for Type 2 Diabetes, Report of a World Health Organization and International Diabetes Federation meeting (2003); http://www.who.int/diabetes/publications/en/screening_mnc03.pdf
- 5.I. Fine and L. Shvartsman, Method for Non-Invasive Optical Measurements of Blood Parameters, Patent USA No. 658, 7704 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.D. A. Burns and E. W. Ciurczak, Handbook of Near Infrared Analysis, 3rd ed., CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, FL, (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Ozaki, W. F. McClure, and A. A. Christy, Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Food Science and Technology, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.E. W. Ciurczak and J. K. Drennen, III, Pharmaceutical and Medical Applications of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, Marcel Dekker, New York (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Raghavachari, Near-Infrared Applications in Biotechnology, Marcel Dekker, New York (2001).Google Scholar
- 11.H. W.Siesler, Y. Ozaki, S. Kawata, and H. M. Heise, Near-Infrared Spectroscopy: Principles, Instruments, Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim (2002).Google Scholar