VUV lamp based on mixtures of inert gases with water molecules pumped by a pulsed-periodic capacitive discharge
- 56 Downloads
The spectral characteristics of the emission in the 140-315 nm range from pulsed-periodic capacitive discharges in mixtures of water vapor and helium and argon are described. In the VUV the most intense bands have maxima at λ = 156.0, 180.3, and 186.0 nm, and in the region of 300–315 nm, at λ = 312.1 and 313.4 nm. The brightness of the emission from the capacitive discharge plasma is optimized with respect to the partial pressures of helium, argon, and water vapor. The electron kinetic coefficients of discharges in argon and water vapor mixtures are calculated for E/N = 1–1000 Td.
Keywordscapacitive discharge water vapor VUV radiation electron kinetic coefficients
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. O. Soloshenko, V. Yu. Bazhenov, V. O. Khomych, V. V. Tsiolko, N. G. Potapchenko, and V. V. Goncharuk, Ukr. J. Phys., 51, 1063–1070 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.A. K. Shuaibov, L. L. Shimon, A. I. Dashchenko, Yu. Yu. Neimet, and I. V. Shevera, Pis’ma v ZhTF, 25, No. 11, 29–33 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.R. W. B. Pears and A. G. Gaydon, The Identification of Molecular Spectra, Chapman Hall Ltd., London (1963), pp. 246–248.Google Scholar
- 6.A. K. Shuaibov, A. I. Miya, Z. T. Homoki, I. V. Shevera, and R. V. Hrytsak, Pis’ma v ZhTF, 37, 64–67 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.W. L. Wiese, J. R. Fuhr, and T. M. Deters, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monogr. 7 (1996).Google Scholar
- 13.S. V. Avakyan, R. N. Il’in, V. M. Lavrov, and G. N. Ogurtsov, Cross Sections for Ionization and UV Emission Processes in collisions of electrons, ions, and photons with atoms and molecules of atmospheric gases. A Handbook [in Russian], GOI (2000).Google Scholar