Modeling the structure and vibrational spectra for oxouranium dichloride monomer and dimer
Structural models are designed and spectral characteristics are computed for the monomer and dimer of the oxouranium dichloride (UOCl2) molecule based on ab initio calculations. The calculations were carried out in the LANL2DZ effective core potential approximation for the uranium atom and all-electron basis sets using DFT methods for oxygen and chlorine atoms (B3LYP/cc-pVDZ). A close-to-planar Y-shaped equilibrium configuration with Cs symmetry is obtained for the UOCl2 monomer. The formation of the dimer is accompanied by both significant changes in the structure of the monomeric fragments and the actual loss of their identities. The obtained spectral characteristics are analyzed and compared with experimental data. The adequacy of the proposed models and qualitative agreement between calculation and experiment are demonstrated.
Keywordsab initio calculation effective core potential IR spectrum oxouranium dichloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.D. Feller, J. Comput. Chem., 17, 1571–1586 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.D. S. Umreiko, M. B. Shundalau, A. P. Zazhogin, and A. I. Komyak, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 77, No. 4, 550–555 (2010).Google Scholar
- 18.L. V. Kobets, V. G. Popov, L. P. Savchenko, I. K. Skutov, and D. S. Umreiko, Koord. Khim., 4, 406–411 (1978).Google Scholar
- 19.L. V. Volod’ko, A. I. Komyak, and D. S. Umreiko, Uranium Compounds [in Russian], 1, Bel. Gos. Univ., Minsk (1981).Google Scholar
- 20.A. P. Zazhogin, A.I. Komyak, D. S. Umreiko, and S. D. Umreiko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 77, No. 2, 274–279 (2010).Google Scholar