Calculation of vibrational spectra for dioxouranium monochloride monomer and dimers
Structural models were built and spectral characteristics were calculated based on ab initio calculations for the monomer and dimers of dioxouranium monochoride UO2Cl. The calculations were carried out in the effective core potential LANL2DZ approximation for the uranium atom and all-electron basis sets using DFT methods for oxygen and chlorine atoms (B3LYP/cc-pVDZ). The monomer UO2Cl was found to possess an equilibrium planar (close to T-shaped) configuration with C2v symmetry. The obtained spectral characteristics were analyzed and compared with experimental data. The adequacy of the proposed models and the qualitative agreement between calculation and experiment were demonstrated.
Keywordsab initio calculations effective core potential IR spectrum dioxouranium monochloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Vdovenko, Chemistry of Uranium and Transuranium Elements [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Vlasov, V. M. Zhukovskii, E. B. Tkachenko, and A. R. Beketov, Oxygen Compounds of Uranium [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.J. J. Katz and E. Rabinowitch, The Chemistry of Uranium, Part 1, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York (1951).Google Scholar
- 4.B. V. Gromov, Introduction to Uranium Chemical Technology [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Zaimovskii, V. V. Kalashnikov, and I. S. Golovin, Atomic Reactor Fuel Rods [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.A. P. Zazhogin, A. I. Komyak, D. S. Umreiko, and S. D. Umreiko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 77, No. 2, 274–279 (2010).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Volod’ko, A. I. Komyak, and D. S. Umreiko, Uranyl Compounds [in Russian], 1, Bel. Gos. Univ., Minsk (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.D. S. Umreiko, T. A. Dik, A. P. Zazhogin, A. I. Komyak, and V. V. Syt’ko, Spectra and Structure of Uranyl Complexes [in Russian], Bel. Gos. Univ., Minsk (2004).Google Scholar
- 16.D. Feller, J. Comput. Chem., 17, 1571–1586 (1996).Google Scholar
- 20.W. A. de Jong, R. J. Harrison, J. A. Nichols, and D. A. Dixon, Theor. Chem. Acc., 107, 22–26 (2001).Google Scholar
- 23.M. Straka, K. G. Dyall, and P. Pyykko, Theor. Chem. Acc., 106, 393–403 (2001).Google Scholar