Cascade parametric light amplification with low-frequency pumping
- 30 Downloads
Cascade parametric amplification in a regular domain structure is examined theoretically taking the variations in phase of all the interacting waves in a dissipative medium into account. Analytic expressions are obtained for the conversion efficiency of the laser energy with low-frequency pumping. The dependence of the parametric amplification efficiency on the number of layers is given. Ways of increasing the frequency conversion efficiency are discussed. The presence of a nonzero input intensity at the sum frequency is found to cause a nonlinear increase in the high-frequency signal at the output of the structure. As the losses of the interacting waves increase, both the frequency conversion efficiency and the optimum domain length decrease.
Keywordsregular domain structures constant intensity approximation parametric conversion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. W. Boyd, Nonlinear Optics, Academic Press, New York (2003), pp. 99–106.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Reintjes, Nonlinear Optical Parametric Processes in Liquids and Gases [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1987), pp. 107–109.Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Dmitriev and L. V. Tarasov, Applied Nonlinear Optics [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1982), pp. 226–236.Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Chirkin and I. V. Shutov, Pis’ma ZhÉTF, 86, 803–807 (2007). Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Akhmanov and R. V. Khokhlov, Problems in Nonlinear Optics [in Russian], VINITI, Moscow (1964), pp. 203–207.Google Scholar
- 9.Z. A. Tagiev and A. S. Chirkin, ZhÉTF, 73, 1271–1282 (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.Z. A. Tagiev, Kvant. Élektron., 18, 430–432 (1991).Google Scholar