Laser atomic emission analysis of airborne pollution of green stands by deicing agents
- 29 Downloads
We present the results of analysis of airborne pollution of green stands along the Minsk Beltway by components of deicing agents (chlorine). We used laser spectral analysis for rapid determination of chlorine. Comparison of the analysis results for accumulation of salt components in samples collected from trees along the Minsk Beltway with control samples showed that the chlorine content is 3.7–5.5 times higher than the control values. The degree of pollution depends on the position of the trees on the forest edge relative to the highway, which is confirmed by reliable correlation coefficients.
Key wordslaser spectral analysis deicing agents chlorine airborne pollution green stands Minsk Beltway
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Alekseev and Yu. I. Leplinskii, "Analysis of dust pollution transport in the ’atmosphere–tree stand–soil’ system" in: Forest Ecology and Protection [in Russian], Leningrad (1989), pp. 3-8.Google Scholar
- 2.P. N. Melankholin and A. B. Lysikov, Lesovedenie, 4, 53–60 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.M. S. Shapochkin, V. V. Kiseleva, O. V. Syryamkina, and V. F. Nikitin, "Change in the status of stands in Losinyi Ostrov national park in the zone of influence of the Minsk Beltway over a 5-year period," in: Big City Ecology. Yearbook, No. 8 [in Russian], Prima-M, Moscow (2003), pp. 176–179.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Sudnik, I. N. Vershitskaya, O. E. Efimova, A.B. Likhovitskii, and I. P. Voznyachuk, in: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference on Monitoring and Assessment of the Status of the Plant World, Minsk-Naroch, 22–26 September 2008 [in Russian], Pravo i Ékonomika, Minsk (2008), pp. 354–356.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Pugachevskii, A. V. Sudnik, I. P. Voznyachuk, I. N. Vershitskaya, O. E. Efimova, A. B. Likhovitskii, N. A. Korotkevich, and I. A. Maksimova, Botanika (issledovaniya), No. 34, 220–235 (20060.Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Korolev, V. V. Ryukhin, and S. A. Gorbunov, Emission Spectral Analysis [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.F.-Y. Yueh, J. P. Singh, and H. Zhang, Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry, Wiley (2000), pp. 2066–2087.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Cremers and L. Radziemski, Handbook of Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, Wiley (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Corsi, V. Palleschi, A. Salvetti, and E. Tognoni, Res. Adv. Appl. Spectrosc., 1, 41–47 (2000).Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Burakov, V. V. Kiris, and S. N. Raikov, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 74, No. 3, 289–295 (2007).Google Scholar