Effect of isoelectronic impurities K+ and I− on luminescence of CsBr:Eu2+ crystals
We have investigated the photoluminescence (PL) and photostimulated luminescence (PSL) spectra at 300 K to study the effect of isoelectronic impurities K+ and I− on the formation and energy structure of Eu2+-VCs isolated dipole centers and aggregate centers in the form of single crystals of CsEuBr3 in CsBr:Eu2+ single crystals. We have shown that K+ and I− impurities in a concentration of 5 mol% do not have a substantial effect on the energy spectrum of isolated dipole centers in CsBr:Eu2+ single crystals and the processes for the formation of such centers during growth of CsBr:Eu single crystals from the melt by the Bridgman method. We have established that in Cs0.95K0.05Br:Eu2+, more favorable conditions are realized for the formation of aggregate centers than in CsBr:Eu2+ and CsBr0.95K0.05Br:Eu2+ single crystals. So in order to improve the storage properties of phosphors based on CsBr:Eu2+, in particular for increasing the efficiency of PSL excitation, it is expedient to dope them with K+ impurity in a concentration up to 5 mol%.
Key wordsstorage phosphors luminescence CsBr:Eu2+ K+ and I− aggregate center
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. V. Zorenko, R. M. Turchak, and I. V. Konstankevych, Funct. Mater., 10, No. 1, 75–79 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.I. P. Antoniv, I. V. Garap’yn, and N. A. Tsal’, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Ser. Neorg. Mater., 24, No. 10, 1749–1751 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.B. G. Korshunov, V. V. Sazonov, and D. B. Drobot, Phase Equilibria in Halide Systems [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.M. L. Kats, Luminescence and Electron-Hole Processes in Photochemically Colored Crystals of Alkali Halide Compounds [in Russian], Izdat. Sarat. Gos. Univ., Saratov (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Zorenko, R. M. Turchak, and I. V. Konstankevych, Funct. Mater., 11, No. 4, 707–709 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. V. Zorenko, R. M. Turchak, and I. V. Konstankevich, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 46, No. 7, 1189–1193 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.E. A. Shuraleva, P. A. Parfianovich, and P. S. Ivakhnenko, Spectroscopy of Crystals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975), pp. 320–325.Google Scholar
- 11.A. B. Aleksandrova, E. D. Aluker, I. A. Vasil’ev, A. F. Nechaev, and S. A. Chernov, Introduction to Radiation Physical Chemistry of the Surface of Alkali Halide Crystals [in Russian], Zinatne, Riga (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.F. D. Klement, Izv. Akad. ESSR. Ser. Tekhn. i Fiz.-Mat. Nauk, No. 1, 3–8 (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.I. V. Garapin, “Radiation resistance of halide compounds of cesium,” Author’s Abstract, Dissertation in competition for the academic degree of Candidate of Physical-Mathematical Sciences, L’vov (1992).Google Scholar