Polarization-phase dynamics in a four-frequency gas ring laser with elliptical polarization of counter-propagating waves
- 19 Downloads
Based on a developed and experimentally tested model, self-oscillatory lasing regimes have been studied for a Class A four-frequency gas ring laser with linear coupling of elliptically polarized counter-propagating waves. In the self-oscillatory regime, switching of the intensities, polarization states, and phase differences of the counter-propagating waves is observed, and also a polarization-phase dynamics effect involving displacement of the intensity switching point (with respect to detuning), due to the phase shift as a result of an ellipticity different from zero.
Key wordslinear coupling ring laser elliptical polarization polarization-phase dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Vetkin and A. M. Khromykh, Kvant. Elektron., 3, 59–68 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Sokolov and E. E. Fradkin, Kvant. Elektron., 2, 807–811 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Nazarenko, I. I. Savel’ev, and S. S. Skulachenko, Kvant. Elektron., 6, 1698–1704 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Yasinskii, Kvant. Elektron., 26, 616–629 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Voitovich and V. N. Severikov, Lasers with Anisotropic Resonant Cavities [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. L. Klimontovich, ed., Wave and Fluctuation Processes in Lasers [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 12.R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 13.L. P. Svirina, Opt. i Spektr., 95, 339–346 (2003).Google Scholar