Effect of interaction of electromagnetic fields with a resonant medium in epr when the saturating field is small compared with the local field
- 16 Downloads
We propose a system of Bloch equations, modified to take into account the presence of a dipole-dipole reservoir (DDR), for the case when the saturating magnetic field is small compared with the local field. We take into account the transverse and longitudinal magnetizations in the equation for the DDR, in contrast to our previous papers in which we took into account only the longitudinal magnetization. Using the system obtained, we solve the problem of the interaction of three fields, where one is the saturating field, the second is the probe field, and the third is a combination field that is the result of the interaction of the first two fields in a resonant medium. We have studied the imaginary and real parts of the susceptibility of the system at the probe field frequency, both when the interacting waves have different frequencies and when they have matching frequencies (the degenerate case). We have compared the results with those we obtained previously. For the degenerate case, we consider the frequency dependence of the parametric coupling coefficient of the waves. We show that weak waves can be enhanced as they pass through a layer of a resonant absorbing medium.
Key wordselectron paramagnetic resonance dipole-dipole reservoir Bloch equations Provotorov equations local field magnetic susceptibility parametric coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. N. Provotorov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 41, 1582–1591 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Gol’dman, Spin Temperature and NMR in Solids [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Atsarkin and M. I. Rodak, in: Problems in Magnetic Resonance [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978), pp. 187–205.Google Scholar
- 4.C. P Slichter, Principles of Magnetic Resonance [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.G. R. Khutsishvili, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 50, 1641–1648 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Apanasevich, Principles of the Theory of Interaction Between Light and Matter [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.P. A. Apanasevich and A. A. Afanas’ev, “Parametric coupling of light waves in resonant media,” Preprint, Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the BSSR, Minsk (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Glazkov, V. G. Dubovets, and I. I. Ugolev, Zh. Prikl. Spektr., 71, 460–466 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Glazkov, V. G. Dubovets, and I. I. Ugolev, Zh. Prikl. Spektr., 71, 601–606 (2004).Google Scholar