Electro- and Magneto-Optical Properties of Films of Polycomplexes of 4-Methacryloyloxy-(4′-Carboxy-3′-Oxy)Azobenzene with Metals
- 18 Downloads
The electrical conductivity, photoconductivity, and electrical and magneto-optical properties of the films of new polycomplexes of 4-methacryloyloxy-(4′-carboxy-3′-oxy)-azobenzene with nickel and cobalt have been investigated. The electrical conductivity and photoconductivity in the visible region of light are determined by the orientation effects of azobenzene groups as well as by generation and transfer of charge carriers between them. A change in the spatial orientation of photoinduced dipole moments of azobenzene groups in an external electric or magnetic field is attributed to the appearance of forces acting on electrically charged magnetic ions of a metal and that are rigidly connected with these groups.
Keywordsmetal-containing polymeric complexes azobenzene groups electrical conductivity photoconductivity electro-optical effect magneto-optical effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. B. Jung, M. Ozawa, T. Akasaka, O. Matoba, T. Shimura, K. Araki, and K. Kuroda, Photorefractive Effects, Materials, and Devices, TOPS, 87, 237–243 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Janus, K. Matczyszyn, J. Sworakowski, J. Biernat, and Z. Galewskii, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 361, 143–148 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Yaroshchuk, A. Tereshchenko, Yu. Zakrevsky, and I. Shanski, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 361, 187–192 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Xueqin, R. Hongjun, C. Hongzheng, and W. Mang, Appl. Polym. Sci., 73, 1913–1920 (1999).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Pomogailo and G. I. Dzhardimaliev, Vysokomolek. Soed. A, 46, 437–453 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.A. T. Ponomarenko and V. G. Shevchenko, Vysokomolek. Soed. A, 46, 461–471 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Nikitin, L. S. Mironova, and K. G. Kornev, Vysokomolek. Soed. A, 46, 498–509 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Filippov, Vysokomolek. Soed. A, 46, 527–560 (2004).Google Scholar
- 11.V. T. Kalinnikov, Yu. V. Rakitin, and V. M. Novotortsev, Usp. Khimii, 72, 1123–1140 (2003).Google Scholar
- 12.N. A. Davidenko, N. A. Derevyanko, A. A. Ishchenko, and V. A. Pavlov, Opt. Spektrosk., 91, 621–628 (2001).Google Scholar