Influence of the UV radiation wavelength on the curing of oligourethaneacrylate compositions for protective coatings of optical fibers
- 23 Downloads
The curing kinetics of films produced from compositions based on UV-curable oligourethaneacrylates is investigated using, as a source of radiation, an individual spectral line separated by a monochromator from the radiation of a DRT-400 mercury tubular lamp. It has been established that in the region of spectral sensitivity of the composition, the curing time of the film is inversely proportional to the intensity of volumetric absorption of the radiation-source photons by the initiator at the lower surface of the film under study. Individual contributions of some of the lines to the process of composition curing by using the integral spectrum of the radiation source have been evaluated. The spectral-kinetic results obtained were confirmed when using the compositions under study as protective coatings of optical quartz fibers.
KeywordsUV-curable oligomers mercury lamp selected spectral line of UV radiation coatings of optical fibers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. N. Vazirani, H. Schonhorn, and T. T, Wang, J. Radiat. Curing, 10, 18–19 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.U. C. Pack and C. M. Schoeder, Appl. Opt., 20, 4028–4034 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Minkovich, B. G. Zadontsev, V. V. Grigor’yants, and R. P. Tishchenko, Kvantovaya Élektron., 11, 1876–1878 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.A. K. Chaiko, Yu. L. Spirin, V. V. Magdinets, and R. I. Dryagileva, Vysokomol. Soed. A, 17, 96–99 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.K. S. Lyalikov, Yu. É. Kirsh, K. B. Kovaleva, and K. I. Avgustinovich, Zh. Nauch. Prikl. Fotogr. Kinematogr., 10, 200–206 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.A. F. Maslyuk, V. A. Khranovskii, I. M. Sopina, et al., Vysokomol. Soed. A, 25, 2586–2592 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Zamyatin, A. A. Makovetskii, and Yu. S. Milyavskii, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 75, 1717–1721 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. B. Aizenberg (Ed.), Handbook on Lighting Engineering [in Russian], Moscow (1995).Google Scholar